The point is, even with our best intentions for our kids, not all of us are skilled at teaching. That’s why we are thrilled to introduce you to a new course from our friend Bethany Edwards, the creator of Biracial Bookworms (if you don’t know about it, get over there for diverse book recommendations and lots of other good stuff).
Bethany is a former teacher, a trained reading specialist, and an awesome mom to two strong girls. Maybe you heard Bethany on episode 47 of the Lu and Bean Read podcast spilling the beans about how she gets her kindergartner to read and journal every day. (One hint: bookshelves in the bathroom.)
Well now Bethany has harnessed all of her knowledge and experience to make sure your kids are prepared as lifelong readers before they even start kindergarten. Her new course called Teaching Kids to Read Age 0-5 is created just for parents like you who need support in raising confident and successful readers from birth.
About the course
A child’s brain is 90 percent developed by the time they turn five years old. So, what must you do to prepare your child in the most important years of their life? This course is going to give you all the tools you need to ensure you have made the most of those crucial first five years.
There is no formal reading curriculum in this course. There are fancy programs and “reading shortcuts” advertised everywhere. Teaching Kids to Read Ages 0-5 provides practical and effective ways that EVERY parent and car-giver can apply every day. You’ll receive:
- A how-to guide on encouraging your baby, toddler, or preschooler to have extraordinary reading, writing, speech, listening, and motor skills before they turn five years old
- Instructions and techniques on how to create a literacy-rich and diverse environment to instill a love and passion for reading, but also for reading the world.
- A step-by-step guide on how to cultivate speaking, reading, writing, and listening (SWiRL) from 0-5.
- How to use music, multiple languages, art, and play to accelerate reading skills.
- A practical guide for how to use whole brain learning as a reading technique.
- Strategies and resources for teaching children multiple languages even if you aren’t multilingual.
Teaching Kids to Read Age 0-5 is for parents (and soon-to-be parents) and caregivers of babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. The step-by-step format is ideal for parents/caregivers who want to give their child a head start in their education. The course is taught in English, but the strategies and tools can be applied in any language.
Don’t miss out on the Fall Sale! Now through September 24, 2018, Teaching Kids to Read Age 0-5 is on sale for 25% off! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to give your child the gift of reading at a young age!